Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VirusScan, Task Manager Disabled

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Iffy

Iffy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:16 PM

Hey all,

I am currently a new user on this forum and have specifically joined up today so as to receive help and advice from those who have technical know how relatin to the windows 7 operating system.

Firstly I am running a samsung r530 laptop with windows 7 home premium, pentium dual core t4400@2.20ghz processor, 4.00gb ram of memory, 32 bit operating system.

My problem is as follows... Since the 29/09/2010 I downloaded something online not knowing what I downloaded was actually was a "torrent". The laptop picked up that it was a virus, McAfee then scanned and deleted this virus successfully. Since then, the next time I started my laptop up there were loads of Internet popups that kept opening and some obscene popups too, I tried accessing the window task manager but it does not work at all! Neither does my McAfee virus scan work either. I had also downloaded Microsoft security essentials from another pc to install on my laptop (that I had burnt to cd) but this does not open/function either. Instead when opening McAfee/Security essentials I always receive this message...

" 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator''

however, I am the administrator and the ony user who has access to this laptop. System restore does not also work, when I attempted to restore to a date previous to the date this error seemed to follow on from it gave me the message "there was an unexpected error: catastrophic failure (0x8000FFFF) System restore will now close"

if there are any technicians/computer troubleshooter/engineers that are able to assist me please reply and please advise as this has been an ongoing problem for three weeks and google has most certianly not been my friend.

Thank you will be looking forward to a solution to this problem.

iffy

Edited by hamluis, 02 October 2010 - 05:46 PM.
Moved from Win 7 forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users