Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oops broken link message

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jener1

Jener1

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

I've been getting the Oops broken link messages when I go to sites for over a month now. When I go back and then click the link again, I can access it.

FYI: A few weeks ago, I was attacked with a trojan/virus that held my computer hostage/ransom -trying to get me to download their antivirus program while not letting me open any other programs. I reran in safemode, found the virus through Eset scanner and removed (or so I thought) but unfortunately, the ransom program was still operating in 'normal mode' and wouldn't let me open any files. Finally, I restored the computer and was fine. A week ago, I reran and found via Eset another different virus/trojan and it removed it (I think).

I noticed that before, during and after these attacks, I have been encountering the Oops broken link message when I go to websites. I don't know if this is related to virus/malware or if this is a different issue.

I recently ran Spyware Blaster, Spybot Search and Destroy, Avira AntiVir, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Eset scanner, Securnia osi scanner, Panda, Windows Defender; updated some unsecure programs, did a disc cleanup/defragmenter. Everything is coming up clean.

Still getting the Oops message. Any ideas?

Thanks, Jen

Edited by Orange Blossom, 02 October 2010 - 11:19 PM.
Moved to AII for initial assitance. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users