Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bsod help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skatr4u

skatr4u

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

ok when i boot my computer i get a blue screen error that says the registry file systemroot/system32/config/software is missing or corrupt. then it just shuts down and restarts anf does the same thing. last known good configuration doesnt work neither does safe mode. i think the problem happened when i my computer was updating. it might have been doing something to the registry but i shut it off while it was updating. does Anybody know how i can fix this without buying a copy of vista.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

I hope you were able to make a good back up of your system. Since you said that it blue screens in safe mode you may want to try a repair. For the looks of your post I am also assuming you do not have your windows Vista DVD. If you do you could take a look at this tutorial by Bleeping Computer, it will instruct you on how do repair your windows vista installation. Before doing that have you recently added any new hardware or software? If you cannot get into any of the three safe mode options then I would try the repair. The Windows Vista DVD can be a very valuable tool. If you do not have any media then another route will have to be used. Here is the link for the tutorial:

Repair and Advanced options for Vista:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users