Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

services don't startup with windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnpon

johnpon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

when I boot my computer it will do one of the following:

1 - hang at the "loading windows" screen (the blue screen that normally has your desktop logon names)

2 - get to the logon name, but when i try to log in it will hang for a minute and then finally i can see my desktop background picture, but nothing else. recently when this happened i was able to make the rest of my desktop load by pressing windows key + U, but after that it ends up the same way as possibility #3

3 - it works normal, except that half of my services (which ARE set to automatically load) don't load. These services include "Alerter, Automatic updates, Computer Browser, Cryptographic services, DHCP client, Distributed Link Tracking Client, Help and support, HID input Service, Logical Disk Manager, Secondary Logon, Security Center, Server, Shell hardware detection, System Restore Service, Task Scheduler, Themes, Windows Audio, Windows firewall/internet connection sharing, Windows Time, and Wireless Zero Configuration"

this hasn't always happened either, it just started one day out of the blue, which deters me from believing that it is a faulty windows install. When looking within eventvwr.msc it says they didn't start because of error 1053, the service did not respond within a timely manner. I can start all these services manually.

I'm running Windows XP Pro

I appreciate your time, and thank you in advance for your help.

-Jamie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 johnpon

johnpon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

Wanted to note here in case anyone else has the same problem and comes looking for a solution, I found no way to fix this, and even found suggestions that this was just a windows minor corruption problem. All problems were resolved upon a reformat, and fresh windows install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users