Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

alebufebos.dll

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OstrichKnight

OstrichKnight

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

I'm running Avira AntiVirus (free) 9.0.0.422 with an up-to-date virus definition file.
Earlier it spazzed out over a file named "alebufebos.dll" claiming it was a Trojan, but failed to do anything about the file (move to quarantine, delete, etc. all failed to work properly) and would occasionally stack multiple pop-ups regarding the supposed threat this file posed.
I was at the time having a valid problem (some sort of virus got onto my computer a couple of days ago but I thought I'd eradicated it entirely through a combination of manual removal, Malwarebytes Antimalware, and Avira) so I figured alebufebos.dll was the source of this new problem. However I am unable to rid myself of the dll and it seems to be valid.
Seems. Searching through Google and Yahoo reveals absolutely NO information regarding alebufebos.dll and Windows' properties window also yields no information aside from the file being over a year old (so maybe it's not part of my virus issue after all).

I am using an Acer netbook and have programs such as Process Hacker and Glary Utilities.
Glary notes a Startup entry involving the file: Called "Fludo" it says "rundll32.exe 'C:\WINDOWS\alebufebos.dll', Startup" but disabling the Startup of this only makes it duplicate itself, creating a new entry where Startup is enabled.
Process Hacker, through checking something else, says alebufebos.dll is part of other processes (igfxsrvc.exe & igfxext.exe).

Conclusion: wtf. "alebufebos.dll" is a file the biggest search engines have never even heard of, but might be valid, but also is - according to my Antivirus - a dangerous file.

By the way, for admins - there's a typo on the 'registration submitted' page.
"If you do not receive your validation email withing 10 minutes, please check your spam folder!"

Edited by hamluis, 01 October 2010 - 07:40 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

Hi -
As a quick question (since Fludo is an online or downloaded game) can you remove the game in Control Panel > Add Remove -
Or if it has its own remover/uninstaller - Then see if you still have the item after that -

Thank You -

#3 OstrichKnight

OstrichKnight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

I have no games on my laptop aside from the defaults (Minesweeper, Solitaire, etc) and I never use them. There is no "Fludo" program on my computer, hence part of my confusion regarding this situation. Just to double-check, I looked in my "Program Files" folder and I do not even have anything that begins with the letter F.

Clarification: I've never heard of Fludo before today. And both my Control Panel and CCleaner's install/uninstall tool reveal no unwanted programs.

Edited by OstrichKnight, 01 October 2010 - 07:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users