Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advpack.dll and ASP.NET are trying to install?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fgeelo

fgeelo

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

WinPatrol popped up with two things today randomly. The first was that it detected Adcpack.dll was trying to start itself as a startup program, and a minute later I got ASP.NET State Service trying to install itself. This happened both during and after installing Lord of the Rings Online and I am unsure if they are related. Any help to explain what this is and if it is problematic would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,619 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

Assuming, it's advpack.dll, both are safe.

advpack.dll - (http://www.ehow.com/how_5187978_repair-advpackdll.html)

Windows-compatible hardware drivers and software often include .inf files, which assist in the installation process. Advpack.dll is a Dynamic Link Library file that is required by the Windows process used to read these .inf files.

ASP.NET State Service - (http://wiki.blackviper.com/wiki/ASP.NET_State_Service)

Provides support for out-of-process session states for ASP.NET. If this service is stopped, out-of-process requests will not be processed. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users