Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Websites

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bmhawn

bmhawn

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

For a few years now I have been unable to connect to different Microsoft websites on my Desktop running Windows XP professional. On other computers I have no problem accessing these websites just not from this one I have tried various Anti-virus, Malware removal, and spyware removal with no change. I can go to the main www.microsoft.com website but sites like Office.microsoft.com, www.live.com, ect it just says explorer can not display this site like it wasn't even there. I've also used different browswers thinking that might be the problem. Any suggestions?

I appoligize if I'm in the wrong place as I've never posted in a forum before.

Thanks

Edited by boopme, 01 October 2010 - 08:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:19 PM

Mod Bump
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

Hi bmhawn, and Welcome to BleepingComputer.

What firewall are you using?

What rules do you have set for the use of your browsers in the firewall?

Are you having any problems receiving e-mail?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/

http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupd...t.aspx?ln=en-us

http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin...m&mkt=en-US

Try the above links, please...post any response for each.

Go to Control Panel/Network and Internet Connections/Network Connections...right-click on your connection, select Properties. Scroll down to TCP/IP, select that with the mouse, push the Properties button. What are selected as options?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 03 October 2010 - 11:22 AM.
Emphasis added.

#5 bmhawn

bmhawn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:58 PM

I am using windows firewall and the built in firewall of my router. I have had this issue with different connections on different routers as well as tried to disabled the windows firewall just to see if that was causing the problem. I am able to get to microsoft.com and windows update but that's about the limit of microsoft sites I can visit.

#6 bmhawn

bmhawn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

I haven't had any trouble with microsoft update and although I'm unable to get to www.live.com I can get to the hyperlink you put up there for the login. I am not able to get to the office.microsoft.com/en-us site though. I just get the IE can not display webpage I get the same thing for www.live.com

Edited by hamluis, 03 October 2010 - 06:53 PM.
Removed unnecessary quote ~ Hamluis.

#7 bmhawn

bmhawn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

I am using windows firewall and the built in firewall of my router. I have had this issue with different connections on different routers as well as tried to disabled the windows firewall just to see if that was causing the problem. I am able to get to microsoft.com and windows update but that's about the limit of microsoft sites I can visit.

Edited by hamluis, 03 October 2010 - 06:54 PM.
Removed unnecessary quote ~ Hamluis.

#8 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

Are you using Internet Explorer? What is a website you are having problems visiting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users