Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using laptop camera for pet spycam

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Meanie

Meanie

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:15 PM

My Dell laptop which uses Vista as the OP contains it's own camera. We have a few cats and one (or maybe more) have been using the kitchen floor to perform their number two duty. I am considering purchasing a wireless webcam to set up and enable me to view while at work but then I thought about the camera on my laptop. Therefore, the simple question is, is it possible to use the camera on the laptop to perform as a spycam and possibly view via internet access while at work?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:32 PM

I do not think so, but others may chime in.

#3 Memimi

Memimi

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:46 PM

Well... if people can stream their webcams over the internet on websites already, I'm sure there is a way. I did something similar but I couldn't figure out a way to just stream it... I had to set up a video call over skype to be able to check it... we were trying to figure out how exactly the cereal was getting from the shelf to the floor and eaten by the cats... found out the kittens had figured out how to climb up and knock down the honey nut cheerios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users