Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.Net Framework not operating

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Paul in AZ

Paul in AZ

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:31 PM

My computers .Netframework is not working. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no avail. How can I get it to work?

Thanks

Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

Are you getting any error messages?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

I guess I have to wonder...just how did you determine that it's "not working"?

NET Framework doesn't do anything that's overt to users, I have never seen evidence of it's existence in XP...other than installing it or uninstalling it or when an application which needs it yells for it :thumbsup:.

Louis

#4 Paul in AZ

Paul in AZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

I use the livescribe pen whose desktop software all of a sudden stopped working. They reviewed the system logs and noted that the log showed the .Net framework crashing and there desktop program depends on it. When I would start the livescribe program a nice window opens up saying the program needs to close. I then found an app that tests to see if it is working and it did the same things (which the author said it would do if there was an issue)

How do I fix it?

Edited by Paul in AZ, 02 October 2010 - 01:41 AM.

#5 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:49 AM

1. Uninstall all .NET Framework related installations in Add/Remove Programs.
2. Download and run .NET Framework Cleanup Tool and purge your system of all remaining configuration and files that have to do with .NET Framework.
3. Reinstall .NET Framework by going to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com with internet explorer and doing a Custom Update. .NET Framework will be listed in Optional Components.

That should fix any issues you are having with .NET Framework.

#6 Paul in AZ

Paul in AZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

I will try on MOnday and report back

Thanks

#7 Paul in AZ

Paul in AZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

No luck same problem

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

Have you reinstalled the Light Scribe application?

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:17 PM

What is the exact error message...and what are you doing on the system when it occurs?

Louis

#10 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

Well, if you fully reinstalled your .NET Framework, you should try your test again.

#11 Paul in AZ

Paul in AZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

The message is "Livescribe Desktop has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience" I also have a program call DocKit that generates the same message. As I said above, I am being told Livescribe requires the .Net Framework and that it is not working from the logs.

A line from the log file is:

9/14/2010 3:37:41 PM .NET Runtime Error None 1023 N/A PH1-9MJCPD1 .NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.1882 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A088CD8) (80131506)

Edited by Paul in AZ, 04 October 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

Well...I would not rely on 3d-party software to point out errors with NET...I'd suspect the program relying on NET is corrupted/damaged. Hence, the suggestion to uninstall/reinstall the software.

IME, I've never seen an error with NET pointed out other than via a Windows error message.

That line...the date is 14 Sep...is there a corresponding error pointing to NET in Event Viewer?

If you did as suggested...uninstalled NET and then reinstalled at least Framework 3.5, SP1...and you still get the same message today...then I would say that it's your software, not NET.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

Louis

#13 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

This seems to be a confirmed problem with .NET Framework and the Livescribe Desktop software. To resolve the issue please follow the directions in this Livescribe Knowledgebase Article.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users