Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GoldS shut down message, redirected addresses,searches and hyperlinks

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rhdybll

rhdybll

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

Hello,
A few days a go I posted in the Removal Logs forum ( my first post ). Should I have started here? I have avoided using this computer too much, it seems to be OK most of the time, but has slowed to a near stop a couple of times and the hard drive goes non-stop for a minute or so, and then everything returns to normal. As I stated in my other post, I got rid of the message "GoldS has stopped working and Windows has shut it down", which had popped up a few times, and the redirecting to the wrong websites and the inability to run Malwarebytes etc., by restoring my computer to a week earlier. It can't be that simple can it? I followed the directions as instructed and my logs are posted the the other forum. I have been using my laptop for bank and paypal etc., but the video card is failing and the screen is getting less readable (Dell D620). I'm afraid of key loggers or something on this one. Please help.
Thanks, rhdybll

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users