Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Snooping wired network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oldpapa49

oldpapa49

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:03 AM

Ok, nothing here I want to do will be used for illegal measures.

I work for a company that refurbishes Medical C-arms and some of the manufactures do not allow to change the IP address of the units unless you call in a tech.

Now, what I need is to find looking on the network lan the failed location of the server that images are going to stored.
I know the ip of the workstation (removed from service and in process of refurbishing) but not the gateway or Subnet.. I can guess the GW and poss the sub if its 255....00

I going to setup a router and look at the log to see failed info (hope)

I can use either XP or W7 and just need to know if a program can give me the info of the end (store server in this case)..

Otherwise, I have to get someone in to setup to my params and just go from there.

Old

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:00 PM

Possibly use wireshark or some similar network diagnostic program to see what is being transfered from where to where it wants to transfer it. Then just follow the Class A, B, and C subnet rules.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 oldpapa49

oldpapa49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

Thank You, I will give that a try..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users