Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Drive Not Recognizing Dvd-rom?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ortid

Ortid

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:16 PM

I'm very puzzled by this..

I own an Emprex 16X Double Layer 8.5GB DVD+/-RW Drive. I've had it for around 8 months and have had no problems so far. It usually runs all formats.

But today I purchased a copy of The movies and my drive wont recognize it. I insert the DVD-Rom into the drive and the light just flashes. If I right click on the drive icon it freezes.

I checked out Activisions troubleshooting guide here, here and here but none of these made a difference.

Anyone got any ideas on what the problem is?

I don't really know how to describe the problem better because I don't even get an error message from the drive.

Also, the disc is not faulty because it runs on my dads machine.

(I'm running winxp professional).

Edited by Ortid, 14 November 2005 - 04:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:45 PM

Do other dvd roms work on your drive?

If not, and they do on others....this may be either your specific drive is having problems with the cd, or your drive is dying.

#3 Ortid

Ortid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:12 PM

Do other dvd roms work on your drive?

If not, and they do on others....this may be either your specific drive is having problems with the cd, or your drive is dying.

Yeah, other DVD roms work. The drive shouldn't be dying already because it's hardly been used. It used to be a secondary drive in my old machine and was only used a couple of times.

#4 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:12 PM

Id say that this particular cd is not working with your drive. nothing to be worrying about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users