Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NewsPaper Website Development

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ankit_Tripathi

Ankit_Tripathi

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:54 AM

[Post New]posted Today 4:18:29 PM
Quote Edit
Dear Freinds,
I want to develop a newspaper website independently.Please Suggest me what can be a right strategy to develop it in J2EE.If we talk in terms of performance and scalability would it be possible to make my project with the help of Servlets and JSPs without using any particular web service or Design Pattern?If it is not so then which one can a suitable design pattern in J2EE that can fulfill my purpose?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:58 AM

The questions you are asking are very difficult to answer. Developing software is the same no matter what language or platform you want to use. You first decide what you want your site to do, how you want it to look, etc. Then you figure out how to implement it. There is no 'right' strategy. Do what works for you. We can't suggest a design pattern unless we understand your purpose. "Developing a newspaper website" is not a purpose. "Developing a newspaper website that aggregates articles from specific web services and displays them in chronological order based on a user's interests" is a purpose. It also is suspiciously like an abstract for a specification. Whether or not you use servlets, JSP, PHP, MySql, PostgreSql or anything else depends on your specifications. But if you really need an answer, I suggest the Mudball Pattern; it seems to be quite popular.

I am locking your other thread. It is impolite to start a new thread on an identical topic.

Edited by groovicus, 01 October 2010 - 07:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users