Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhone 4 4.0.2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kharris11

kharris11

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:49 AM

I purchase my iphone 4 the first day it was released and when Jailbreakme came out i proceeded to jailbreak it. My phone recently crashed and i had to restore it and that action automatically updated my firmware. I've searched online for a solution and have downloaded the old firmware 4.0.1 and tried to restore my phone with that through itunes. However i keep getting the error message saying that it cannot restore it. My phone was previously jailbroked and i had cydia but everything i read says that i should be able to downgrade firmware if the phone was previously jailbroken. If anyone could help me out if im doing something wrong or if it is even possible. Any suggestion are appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Budapest, 01 October 2010 - 03:13 AM.
Moved from Introductions ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jarwain

Jarwain

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

Is your Jailbreak compatiblewith 4.0.1?

If so, did you try googling it? XP

Here's a link to a redmondpie article with a fix.
http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-ios-4....h-how-to-guide/

To admins, my apologies, but I haven't gotten around to reading the rules, so if foregin links are against the rules, im sorry.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

To admins, my apologies, but I haven't gotten around to reading the rules, so if foregin links are against the rules, im sorry.

I'm not an admin but, as long as the links are not spam in nature and they pertain to the topic at hand they are fine. :thumbsup:

Also I dont think there is a jailbreak out for 4.0.1 yet I know there was one for IOS 4 but not the newer updates. :flowers:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 Sightless

Sightless

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

4.0.1 is unjailbreakable as of now. If you can downgrade to 4.0, you should do it. Apple recently introduced "signing" of restore files, so it now makes it much more difficult to downgrade, which is ridiculously seeing as jailbreaking has been ruled legal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users