Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with viruses and other nasties!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 texas494

texas494

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

I can't access firefox, IE, any antivirus, anti malware, spyware nothing. I can't edit the registry, get into system restore, delete user account. I've tried running gmers, hijackthis, oldtimers, malware bytes, eset, avast, spybot, adaware, and countless other items. They all run for a few seconds then crash. I had the antimalware doctor virus and was able to boot a linux cd and delete enemies-names.txt, mainfull70707.exe, ydcwraz8h.dll, and yj69mnczc.dll. I still can't access IE nor firefox nor can I run any scans. I get an error when I try to run anything saying Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do. Please help me.

Edited by texas494, 30 September 2010 - 11:11 PM.

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they ticked me off.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:59 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.

Please reply back saying so if you still need help.

In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.

regards myrti

Edited by myrti, 05 October 2010 - 07:00 AM.

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 texas494

texas494
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:53 PM

I keep getting "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item" when I try to run internet explorer and only internet explorer. Any anti virus, anti malware or anti spyware that I try to run disappears after 5 or 6 seconds of scanning. I had the antimalware doctor virus but was able to find some of the files and get rid of it thru Linux. Was able to get ESET scan done and remove files that showed up in there. I was able to restore my system restore and hidden folders. The only thing I can't fix is what happens to the anti virus scans and IE.
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they ticked me off.

#4 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,766 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:51 AM

Hi,
Please Download and run Win32kDiag:
  1. Download Win32kDiag from any of the following locations and save it to your Desktop.
  2. Double-click Win32kDiag.exe to run Win32kDiag and let it finish.
  3. When it states "Finished! Press any key to exit...", press any key on your keyboard to close the program.
  4. Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log as a reply to this topic.

We need to scan the system with this special tool.
  • Please download Junction.zip and save it.
  • Unzip it and put junction.exe in the Windows directory (C:\Windows).
  • Go to Start => Run... => Copy and paste the following command in the run box and click OK:
    cmd /c junction -s c:\ >log.txt&log.txt& del log.txt
    A command window opens starting to scan the system. Wait until a log file opens. Copy and paste or attach the content of it.

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

#5 texas494

texas494
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

Thank I was able to clean out the virus. Just can't get to the internet explorer which isn't a major inconvenience since I use Firefox.

#6 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,766 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

Hi,

waht did you do to remove the virus? What is keeping you from using Internet Explorer?

regards mytrti

#7 texas494

texas494
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hi,

waht did you do to remove the virus? What is keeping you from using Internet Explorer?

regards mytrti

We used Eset Online scanner to remove infected files, the files that couldn't be removed we loaded up Ubuntu and removed that way. Put in a fix to show hidden folders and activated system restore again. Once we were able to get all the files that kept showing up as infected we were finally able to run malware bytes, hitman, ad aware and spybot. I don't really understand why IE still won't allows us to use it but we don't worry about it since we primarily use firefox.

#8 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,766 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hi texas,

how does it not allow you to use it?

Please try to reset IE and see if that helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

regards myrti

#9 texas494

texas494
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

I get an Windows cannot access the specified device path or file error when trying to access IE.

#10 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,766 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:48 AM

Hi,

that is thanks to the malware, it has removed all permissions to access that file, there likely are others too. Please run this tool to see which files have been blocked:

We need to scan the system with this special tool.
  • Please download Junction.zip and save it.
  • Unzip it and put junction.exe in the Windows directory (C:\Windows).
  • Go to Start => Run... => Copy and paste the following command in the run box and click OK:

cmd /c junction -s c:\ >log.txt&log.txt& del log.txt

A command window opens starting to scan the system. Wait until a log file opens. Copy and paste or attach the content of it.

regards myrti

#11 texas494

texas494
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

'junction' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. is the error I'm getting when running this.

#12 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,766 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:56 AM

Hi,

did you copy junction into C:\windows? If not then it can't work.

regards myrti

#13 texas494

texas494
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

yes I did.

#14 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,766 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:20 AM

Hi,

what kind of operating system are we talking about? Vista? XP? 32bit or 64bit?

regards myrti

#15 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• 33,766 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:15 AM

As it has gone stale, this topic is now Closed

If you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM.
Please include the address of this thread in your request.
This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please start a new topic.

With Regards,
myrti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users