Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Crashes Every 2-4mins

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sunshineisublime

sunshineisublime

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

Hello,

I have been having an issue with internet explorer. Every 2 to 4 minutes the browser crashes every time. Also a sudden
computer seizure occurs and it freezes up for 2-5 min or so. When I click on a seach link it redirects me might be related might not.

I run Windows XP. I've also ran Malware Bytes, SUPERantispyware, it found a few things
I've updated both until they said no more updates available. And ran both in safe mode repeatedly.
I also used ATFCleaner. I changed a few settings turned off explores crash recovery* deleted down to basic Java. Unplugged the internet and ran anti spyware. Ran GMER and it vcrashed my computer oops. Didn't try that agian. I really don't want to switch over to Firefox and I even deleted google toolbar. No luck.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. I have a feeling a popup is causing my grief
when I open the internet a warning stating that webshots(a screen saver) is asking me if it should continue
block an application from changing my browser search settings. I clicked yes no exit out each time same results.

Agian I really appreciate any help. I'm just fed up with this

Edited by sunshineisublime, 30 September 2010 - 05:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sunshineisublime

sunshineisublime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

all fixed my combo fix wasn't working and it wouldn't let me download a newone cuz there were "leftovers" from the disabled one (my computer has battlescares, lol)
so heres a helpful site im posting just gives you some info about the mf trojan that got me and how to take out the "leftovers" of combo fix

note: not an advisor use at your own risk
copy paste
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.ph...267#post1532267

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users