Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio Laptop Having Issues With Internet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brattonm_2006

brattonm_2006

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

Hello! I have an issue with my Sony Vaio laptop. Here's what's going on. The computer came from one of those rent a center places. So of course it has a sketchy past. So we don't know much of the history of it. And when we got the laptop it had a ton of Vaio applications that I thought was unncessary. One of them being their little internet connection application. Well, come to find out it was kinda important because ever since we've been having spotty connection with the internet everywhere we are. I do have internet at home with a cord. So I put it in and sometimes it even has issues detecting that. I've restored the computer a couple times to get the internet back. And it halfway worked. I even went to the Vaio site. Got the proper application. Downloaded it. Then attempted to install it back. And the problem just got worse. Would there be anyone on here who has knowledge on Vaio's to help?

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. I will do anything to help this cause. So any diagnostics you ask me to run I will do them. Promise. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:28 AM

What is the model of this Vaio?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 brattonm_2006

brattonm_2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

It is a Sony Vaio VGN-NR330E

#4 brattonm_2006

brattonm_2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

So I ended up fixing the internet for the meantime. We haven't had as much patchy behavior from it when we are at home or college. However, I am not able to install anything because for some reason it says the internet connection doesn't exist. For example, I tried to install Google Chrome and got a firewall troubleshoot. It's not the firewall. I can turn Windows Firewall off and it still doesn't install correctly. What's strange is that even though the net works perfectly, Viao Smart Network is not all there. And about two weeks ago before I started the post I uninstalled the Smart Network and reinstalled it and we had NO internet. Go figure? So I restored back to my settings that at least give us internet on the laptop.

Does any of these issues make sense for a Sony Vaio?

Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

Mark

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

Looking at your past posts I didn't see anything conclusive, but I'm guessing that you are using Windows XP?

If this is the case, try doing a System Restore.

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.

When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.

The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 brattonm_2006

brattonm_2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:56 AM

I've tried System Restore. The computer runs on Windows Vista.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users