Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to boot Vista Business

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 allawishes

allawishes

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

Downloaded Vista/Business SP2 and successfully installed it. In the reboot process of updating, the process failed in step 2 of 3. Step 1 completed ok. I now can not boot the system or even launch safe mode. The original Vista CD will not load so I can't perform a repair. Unable to boot the system into any mode. Prior to applying SP2 the system performed normally. Help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

Where does the boot process stop...how far does it get?

Any error messages?

Louis

#3 allawishes

allawishes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:57 PM

It stops at windows error recovery, this lets me select to boot in Safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode in command mode and normal mode. Not able to launch any of the safe mode selection. When any mode is selected it response with Blue Screen, error message "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" and has STOP code 0x00000050.

The boot screen "windows error recovery" windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change may be the cause. To fix chosee one of the following:
1. Insert Windows installation Cd
2. choose language
3. Repair your computer

My installation CD will not boot and I can't select Repair your computer since the instalation CD did not boot

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

You did change the BIOS boot options...to make booting from the CD/DVD possible?

Louis

#5 allawishes

allawishes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

Yes, the BIOS was changed to boot from the cd/dvd, but it does not read the cd. However It will read a cd for DELL XP installation cd. When I tried this, it loaded all the files and then it reports that it can not detect a hard drive.

Where can I get a boot cd for vista?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:22 PM

Based on what you've stated thus far...I would run the appropriate diagnostic on that hard drive.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users