Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alien swarm desktop crash

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ato forestmountain

Ato forestmountain

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hi im pretty new to bleepingcomputer so this is the first time ever i publish anything on these forums.
Okey so heres the problem.
When i tries to start up Alien swarm, (wich is a free game accessible trough the steam client) everything works normal, i get to the main menu and i see those
creepy little aliens in the backround. When i then tries to connect to a game,create a game, or playing offline practise i first comes to the loading screen.
When the loading is finished EVERYTHING turns black. And if you havent lacked out totally and booted up the task manager already, the game shuts down.
And then i get to my boring desktop again, with a message on the right corner :The rsfx shuted down by an unexplained reason, the screen has now been set to normal.
(this wasnt exactly what it said, i just tried to translate the best i could beucase my computer is set to swedish language.)
If anyone has a resolution to this problem, please give a response or something.
From Ato forestmountain

Edited by Ato forestmountain, 30 September 2010 - 10:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hello and welcome. I think you will be better served to start a new topic in the Games forum for a start.. this is an Intro area and the eyes you need probably will not look here.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users