Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsers not even running and other strange phenomenon

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 drzoidberg

drzoidberg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:11 AM

3 days ago,all of a sudden, my chrome started to fail downloading files from websites. The file download would stuck at "wirg geladet" part. Means,"is downloaded" but it would never start downloading the file itself. So i decided to reinstall chrome,but Chrome failed to install.

With regular Chrome installer,at the end of the installation it'd give me "unknown error prevented the installation". When i tried to install it with chrome stand alone installer,it gave me "installation failed error code =0x080040909"

For some reason,decided to update my firefox,and its installation failed again. But it was different than chrome ,it appeared to complete installation but somehow Firefox.exe was missing,always. Firefox only ran in safe mode,from the firefox.exe on my XP partition.

So i've turned to IE,which failed to run at all,when i double click it,it'd only appear on task manager for a split second,then crash without any warnings.

At the same time,my AVG free lost his licence or his licence file deleted somehow.

Today i dl'ed Opera,it worked fine but for some reason,it's not downloading any files at all justl like the chrome 3 days ago.

Vista 64 sp 2,
Solutions i've tried:

a) I have dual boot PC,one with XP SP3 32 bit,one with vista 64 SP 2. I tried a complete system scan with Avira,Superantispyware,Spybot and some online scanners with XP

and NOD 32,Antimalware,SPYbot,Superantispyware ,anti-rootkit scan with Vista,both on safe and normal mode,multiple times. Found a few files,but nothing serious.And all systems seem clear according to these.

B)I tried to reinstall or run all 3 browsers on safe mode,failed.

c) I've deleted everything related to firefox and chrome ,still same errors

d)tried another user account,failed.

e)deleted every possible add-on plug-in(java/flash etc.) =fail

OTher than these problems everything seems working fine

Any suggestions ?

Edited by drzoidberg, 30 September 2010 - 08:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users