Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Several exceedingly annoying startup issues

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 McHadies

McHadies

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

The first issue which I had been experiencing for a while: is having to reboot in order for the computer to post
If I was turning the computer on for the first time in a few hours it would just run all the fans at max and no keyboard leds would come on, my workaround for this was/is to power off, power on. The computer would run the fans at max but then quickly power down, bleep, flick the num lock led and boot fine

Until recently. Now, for whatever reason, I have to do a similar thing with Windows 7 64 bit itself. Windows 7 will sometimes take a long time 'Welcoming' me and when it does I don't have a desktop, just a black screen and a movable mouse. When I press ctrl alt delete, the menu pops up and that's about it; so I shut down from that menu, turn the surge protector off, unplug it from the wall; wait till I hear a bleep (not sure if the surge is bleeping or the comp) then plug it back in to the wall and turn it on. This power cycling no longer works I am restricted to safe mode now.

I am content with all these work arounds my real issue is when I actually get windows working. My little quick launch button on my bar titled "Windows Explorer" which I believe took me to My Documents no longer works. 7zip no longer functions. And neither of the two methods for starting Task Manager are a success. I scanned with SuperAntiSpyware, found two trojans, but no change in performance.

"P6X58D premium" asus mobo
Intel i7 Quad-Core 2.66 Ghz
4088mb DDR3-1600 running at 1066 due to the locked CPU
Nvidia GTX 260
Some linksys router
I have no clue what else because I can't run speccy for whatever reason; I also found out I can't run msconfig.
At this point I assume its malware

But even if it is I can't use dds right now.

Safemode works fine

Edited by McHadies, 30 September 2010 - 01:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kennzsniper

kennzsniper

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:56 AM

hi,

Please post the PC specs as well as the troubleshooting steps that you have done.

Fastest way to isolate this would be to boot at safe mode. Then work from there, is the problem still occurs, you might want to check your hardware.

How old is your PC? Have you checked for dust bunnies inside your CPU? Yes, dust can be an effin problem.

Now if the PC works well under safe mode, you might want to check your start up items. Disable them and start the computer normally. If the problem does not occur, its a sure bet that one of them is locking up your computer. Most often than not, expired Antivirus applications causes your computer to lock up.

Post you specs as soon as you can so that the community can help you out.
Hardware tech when I was in college.
1st job was a network support for SOHO
2nd job was lappy tech
3rd Job way out of my league but its nice...

#3 McHadies

McHadies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:10 AM

I just assembled it in January, but dust is becoming a minor problem. More initiative to get a can of air.
I can run task manager in safemode no problem.
The list of programs it wont run is larger than previously thought, makes me think its a virus

#4 McHadies

McHadies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:13 AM

Okay, the programs are failing to initialize (0xc0000142) but I only get the post during shutdown where it asks you to close programs

#5 kennzsniper

kennzsniper

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:11 AM

Since it works under safe mode, I think it may be something that is causing the start up problems.

Can you check the event viewer and see what applications are getting the error?

Also you might want to download autoruns from Microsoft and post the start up items.

If you want to get rid of the start up items that you don't need try using ccleaner, but do not change any registry items.
2nd job was lappy tech

#6 kennzsniper

kennzsniper

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:14 AM

Hmm. on second thought, I think you need to post your SAS logs and move this thread to the malware section and let Luis pick this up.
2nd job was lappy tech

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:18 AM

This might be hardware related, but a quick visit to the AII would be great to verify that there are no infections. I am willing to bet that there is either a short or overheating taking place.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,430 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

Hello, I moved this to Am I Infected from Vista.

Please run these scans so can verify if infection is the issue.
Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1
Download Link 2
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 McHadies

McHadies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

SAS:
SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log[url="http://www.superantispyware.com/?rid=3324"]http://www.superantispyware.com[/url]Generated 09/30/2010 at 12:58 PMApplication Version : 4.43.1000Core Rules Database Version : 5609Trace Rules Database Version: 3421Scan type       : Complete ScanTotal Scan Time : 00:45:54Memory items scanned      : 271Memory threats detected   : 0Registry items scanned    : 9336Registry threats detected : 0File items scanned        : 55650File threats detected     : 230Adware.Tracking Cookie	.invitemedia.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.invitemedia.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.cmp.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.invitemedia.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.cracked.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.cracked.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.cracked.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.cracked.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.cracked.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.dmtracker.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www8.addfreestats.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.msnbc.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.statcounter.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.xiti.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.hearstmagazines.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.imrworldwide.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.imrworldwide.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.mtvn.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	in.getclicky.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.microsoftwindows.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.sexysims2.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.sexysims2.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.sexysims2.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.sexysims2.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.sexysims2.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.sexysims2.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.sexysims2.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.sexysims2.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.wpni.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.rambler.ru [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	statse.webtrendslive.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.bizjournals.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.doubleclick.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.f2network.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	stat.onestat.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	stat.onestat.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.liveperson.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.eaeacom.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www.clickmanage.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www.clickmanage.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www.3dstats.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.liveperson.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.synacor.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.viralvideochart.unrulymedia.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.viralvideochart.unrulymedia.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	stats.gamestop.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	stats.gamestop.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	tv.clicker.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	tv.clicker.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.clicker.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.clicker.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.geeksaresexy.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.geeksaresexy.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.geeksaresexy.disqus.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.geeksaresexy.disqus.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.specificclick.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.specificclick.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.specificclick.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.specificclick.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.specificmedia.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.atdmt.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.atdmt.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.pointroll.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.pointroll.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.trackalyzer.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www.clicker.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.weborama.fr [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.weborama.fr [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.weborama.fr [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.estat.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	s07.flagcounter.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.yadro.ru [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.ipbleep.p4ul.info [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.ipbleep.p4ul.info [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.bonniercorp.122.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.server.cpmstar.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.server.cpmstar.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.server.cpmstar.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.uberfindings.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.uberfindings.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.media.photobucket.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.medhelpinternational.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.healthgrades.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	uk.sitestat.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	uk.sitestat.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	flagcounter.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.extrovert.122.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.tracking.foxnews.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.tracking.foxnews.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.timeinc.122.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.microsoftsba.122.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	bleepyeahstruttingleo.tumblr.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.microsoftsto.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.legolas-media.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	myap.liveperson.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.wastemanagement.122.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.s.clickability.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.s.clickability.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.media.mtvnservices.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.media.mtvnservices.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	dc.tremormedia.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.linksynergy.walmart.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.linksynergy.walmart.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.linksynergy.walmart.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.ice.112.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.serving-sys.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.serving-sys.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.hitbox.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.ehg-wssuk.hitbox.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.twittercounter.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.twittercounter.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.twittercounter.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.twittercounter.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.server.cpmstar.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.server.cpmstar.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.smokinggun.122.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.spylog.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.tracker-software.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.tracker-software.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	counter.search.bg [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.crackberry.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.crackberry.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.crackberry.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.crackberry.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	crackberry.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.mediafire.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.mediafire.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.mediafire.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.mediafire.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	test.coremetrics.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.invitemedia.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.liveperson.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.bs.serving-sys.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.serving-sys.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.serving-sys.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.serving-sys.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.serving-sys.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.serving-sys.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.everyclickmatters.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	affiliate.revenueads.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www.coolcrack.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.crackle.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.insimadult.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www.insimadult.org [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www.insimadult.org [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www.qsstats.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	us.sitestat.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	us.sitestat.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.richmedia.yahoo.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.themis-media.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.interchangecorporation.122.2o7.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.csselite.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.csselite.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	log.clickstream.co.za [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	log.clickstream.co.za [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	log.clickstream.co.za [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.commonsensemedia.org [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.commonsensemedia.org [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.commonsensemedia.org [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.commonsensemedia.org [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www.commonsensemedia.org [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www.commonsensemedia.org [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.sexysims2.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	www.sexysims2.com [ C:\Users\Lesrin\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\882mex82.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.8tracks.com [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	8tracks.com [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.revsci.net [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.statcounter.com [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	stat.dealtime.com [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	ad.yieldmanager.com [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.sexysims2.com [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.statcounter.com [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]	.2o7.net [ D:\Documents and Settings\Kolten\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6pec567l.default\cookies.sqlite ]Trojan.Agent/Gen-Frauder	D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LOVEFLY.DLL.TMP

MalwareBytes:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46www.malwarebytes.orgDatabase version: 4723Windows 6.1.7600 (Safe Mode)Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.163859/30/2010 12:04:56 PMmbam-log-2010-09-30 (12-04-56).txtScan type: Quick scanObjects scanned: 153457Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 47 second(s)Memory Processes Infected: 0Memory Modules Infected: 0Registry Keys Infected: 0Registry Values Infected: 0Registry Data Items Infected: 0Folders Infected: 0Files Infected: 0Memory Processes Infected:(No malicious items detected)Memory Modules Infected:(No malicious items detected)Registry Keys Infected:(No malicious items detected)Registry Values Infected:(No malicious items detected)Registry Data Items Infected:(No malicious items detected)Folders Infected:(No malicious items detected)Files Infected:(No malicious items detected)

#10 McHadies

McHadies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

after several power cycling attempts I have concluded that power cycling no longer works for getting windows to boot, its safe mode only until further notice

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,430 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

Moving you back to Win7. They will take this up.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#12 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

Since nothing was found via the AII Section and the scans that were done. I am going to bet that this is a windows issue. Do you have access to your installation media?

#13 McHadies

McHadies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

Not handy, but I can get to it

#14 kennzsniper

kennzsniper

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:36 AM

Before doing anything hasty like wiping out your system.

Can you download autoruns and run at safe mode and check what are the items listed under logon and start up.

I am thinking one of your start up applications is failing you or causing you system to lock up.

A screenshot would be most helpful.
2nd job was lappy tech

#15 McHadies

McHadies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

Sorry for the delay, I found the problem. This iz3d driver thing; odd that its problems manifested over the course of a few power-ons and not all once. I uninstalled that through safe mode first in my pruning of recent programs, planning to boot windows after each. And thankfully I picked the right one first

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users