Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 reverting to old format while freezing, trojans, very slow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 andmilne

andmilne

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:02 AM

I have been having issues with ESET (update username and password regularly but had a 1 week period where it was inactive, I reactivated it and it found and deleted 4 trojans from torrent files but keeps notifying me of a Trojan it says it quarantined. I canít find the name of it now in the files, but lately my computer has been slow and also freezing, it will freeze for 15 to 40 seconds and during this time frame my Windows 7 format returns to the old, gray box style format of Windows 97 or earlier. Like the very square edges, gray taskbar with black font type style. Now, IE is stuck that way at the top, the format looks like the old version of Windows.

I am normally good at removing viruses if I know what they are, but this has got me boggled. Any ideas/suggestions?

Edited by hamluis, 30 September 2010 - 06:10 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:04 AM

hi ,did you check out the spyware removal tab top of this page
or the security section here .
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum79.html

Edited by caperjac, 30 September 2010 - 04:06 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

Duplicate of this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic351004.html therefore closing.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users