Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCI Simple Communications Controller

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 crusty55

crusty55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

USB drivers are installed for Motorola V3. "PCI Simple Communications Controller" however is missing. The driver is not present in XP or 7 (I have both) nor does Microsoft have anything for it. I've gone on AMD website looking for chipset drivers to no avail, as well as the driver disk that shipped with the computer. Also checked mobo mfg site (MS7093) and found nothing. Device manager says that "no driver installed" so I have no error code(s) to go by. Anyone run across this? Anything else plugged in here (USB) works fine--I've tried other USB ports, but the phone is not showing up. Any insight would be deeply appreciated! Crusty55

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

"PCI Simple Communications Controller" usually means dial-up modem, but you can doublecheck.

1. Open Device Manager (Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager)
3. Right click on the "PCI Simple Communications Controller" and click on Properties.
4. Under the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id (or Device Instance Path) from the drop down box.
5. You should see a code similar to this

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DC&SUBSYS_30868086
&REV_01\4&1E46F438&0&40F0

6. The portion of the code highlighted in RED is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN is the Device ID. In this example:

Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 27DC

7. Once you have obtained both the IDs, proceed to PCI Database. There you can either search for the vendor from the vendor ID or directly get information about the device along with the vendor name by searching with the device ID.

8. Then from there you can go directly to the hardware manufactureres website and get the driver.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users