"PCI Simple Communications Controller" usually means dial-up modem, but you can doublecheck.
1. Open Device Manager
(Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager)
3. Right click on the "PCI Simple Communications Controller" and click on Properties
4. Under the Properties window click on Details
tab and select Device Instance Id
(or Device Instance Path
) from the drop down box.
5. You should see a code similar to this
6. The portion of the code highlighted in RED
is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN
is the Device ID. In this example:
Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 27DC
7. Once you have obtained both the IDs, proceed to PCI Database
. There you can either search for the vendor from the vendor ID or directly get information about the device along with the vendor name by searching with the device ID.
8. Then from there you can go directly to the hardware manufactureres website and get the driver.