Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:30 AM

I did it! I installed SUSE 10.0 and everything went very smooth. After the install, the system automatically looked for updates, but failed during the Open Office update. I am a newbee here, and nothing sticks out at me that indicates "Updates found here." I did visit the novell site (Where I started my quest and downloaded Linux) and nothing stood out there either. I'm still searching, but if anyone has a quick solution please let me know.

Also, suggestions on the good stuff like virus protection, anti-spyware items, etc...

Thanks!

Rigel
Offical Linux newbee :thumbsup:

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 street9009

street9009

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 14 November 2005 - 01:09 PM

I am a fairly new Linux user so you can take this with a grain of salt, but it seems to me that Linux has no use for antispyware and virus scanners since spyware and viruses for Linux are virtually nonexistant. As for the updates, I'm not sure. Good luck. Linux is so much better than Windows when you finally get the hang of it. You'll enjoy it.

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:33 PM

Hi street9009,

I have enjoyed my short time using SUSE. As I play with it, I am sure that things will become clearer. My next tasks are to make Evolution work with my Groupwise account. Over all, I am pleased.

Take care,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users