Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote assistance possible?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brennie

brennie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

I am computer illiterate. After reading exhaustively on some of my problems, I cannot come close to understanding all this. I am having trouble with browser hijacks and cannot open malwarebytes to check for problems. Is it possible to get someone on here to do a remote assistant on my computer? I have booted up in safe mode and still can't open malwarebytes. Thank you for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:43 PM

Hi brennie, and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Got some good news and some bad news.

First the bad news:
Unfortunately, Bleeping Computer does not make use of remote assistance tools. The reasons for this are many and varied, but the liability issues alone make it quite prohibitive.

Now, the good news.

Bleeping Computer is a website designed in such a way that the beginning computer user can understand! That concept extends to our Malware Removal forum as well. Each member of our volunteer Malware Removal Team is specially trained in not only advanced malware detection and removal techniques, but also in how to clearly and effectively provide instructions so that you can understand and follow them!

My suggestion for you would be to follow the instructions in This Guide starting at Step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this thread and ask.

Again, welcome to BC.

~Blade
Forum Moderator

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 clarkstar

clarkstar

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:22 AM

oh man i would pay for remote assistance so i could not have to do it myself

0 user(s) are reading this topic