Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bitdefender vs eset

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 boltp666

boltp666

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hey im looking for a comparsion for Bitdefender VS Eset in a coporate environment.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,604 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

Anti-virus software Comparisons & ReviewsThese types of comparative testing results will vary depending on who is doing the testing, what they are testing for, what versions of anti-virus software is being tested, etc. There are no universally predefined set of standards/criteria for testing and each test will yield different results. Thus, you need to look for detailed information about how the tests were conducted, the procedures used, and data results.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 boltp666

boltp666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:53 PM

thanks for the info on the websites but im really trying to see coporate versions in a network environment being tested

#4 ectech1

ectech1

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

In order to truly get a decent understanding of what each product offers the only logical solution is to test the products in a controlled environment.

Both Eset & Bitdefender offer good quality software.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,604 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

I can't find a specific comparison between the two.
These articles may be helpful in making your choice:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 DEATHlLINK

DEATHlLINK

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

BitDefender Total Security offers lots of features and is quite user friendly. The firewall is pretty easy to customize blocking certain ports you dont need to use. My only complaint is it does seem to turn off on its own and show a vserv error. This is usually resolved upon restarting the computer. There is more on this on the BitDefender forum. I have used Panda, Nortons , Kasperskys and some other total security suites. I am thinking of trying Trend Micro next as my instructer in my PC security class recommends either Trend Micro or Nortons. I hope this helps.

#7 boltp666

boltp666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:07 PM

really your instructor recommends norton or trend micro. I'm not a fan of them two, but trend micro is def better than norton. Yes that is annoying the the VSSERV Service disables itself or stops running completely. either way i like Eset and BitDefender both good anti-virus suites.

#8 ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

Hey im looking for a comparsion for Bitdefender VS Eset in a coporate environment.

Put them in alphabetic order and install the first one.
When the license expires of the first one, install the second one.
The second one might detect malware, that was never detected by the first one.
After all each scanner has a different blacklist and heuristics. :thumbsup:

Edited by ErikAlbert, 12 October 2010 - 04:04 PM.

ErikAlbert - "Simplicity is always brilliant" - "Every software sucks, some suck more than others."
WinXPproSP3 + Comodo Firewall + FirstDefense-ISR + Anti-Executable + Sandboxie + ShadowProtect - no scanners, no cleaners.
I remove superfluous and evil objects, not because they are there, but because they weren't there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users