Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 64bit print spooler

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jsherrod

jsherrod

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hello,
This is my first post. Glad to be in this trustworthy community!
I have windows 7, 64-bit version with a brother mfc 8840d and HP color laserjet 1600 connected through usb and have successfully been operating the two for approximately 3 months now. I installed 4 windows updates today [Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2158563), Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB2416427), Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2362765), and Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB979538)]. Brother seems to work fine until HP is switched on then print spool services are disabled??!!
Ever since the update my print spool service will not stay "start"ed automatically or manually. I've tried patches and updates from microsoft and HP. Brother updates are included in windows updates and no patch available. Assuming brother isn't problem anyway...
All help, solutions, and ideas are appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless,
-J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:54 PM

Why have two printers on one machine?

#3 jsherrod

jsherrod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

Small Business.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:01 PM

Is one for color and the other for black and white?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users