Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer start up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brenda Sande

Brenda Sande

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

Hello
I have a question about booting my computer? When I go to start up my computer in the morning it doesn't always boot up the first time so I have to shut off the main switch and start it again. It never use to do that so I was wondering if there is something malfuntioning? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks alot

Brenda Sande

Edited by Brenda Sande, 29 September 2010 - 11:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,564 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Well...you haven't provided a lot of detail, so questions are in order, IMO.

System manufacturer and model?

How long have you had the system...and how long has the reboot procedure been deemed by you to be necessary?

Any error messages in Event Viewer...that might provide clues? Any onscreen error messages, once it boots?

Any changes made to system which coincide with start of problem?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic348767.html, same system?

Edited by hamluis, 29 September 2010 - 12:17 PM.
Added link.

#3 Jacob Anthony

Jacob Anthony

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

I'd also like to ask, when you say the system doesn't boot up, what exactly do you mean? What Operating System are you using? How far is your system getting before you need to power down the system and attempt to reboot?

Help us to help you by giving us more details!

Thanks

Jacob

Edited by hamluis, 29 September 2010 - 01:41 PM.
Removed unnecessary quote ~ Hamluis.

#4 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

Would you please give a detailed description of what DOES happen when you press the button and it doesn't turn on? Does anything come on the screen? Also tell us what doesn't happen that you expect should happen, like your monitor light changing color, your keyboard flashing lights, a beep from your computer's box, etc.

Edited by Gabrial, 29 September 2010 - 03:08 PM.

#5 Brenda Sande

Brenda Sande
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:09 PM

Hello
I am using Windows XP. We turn our computer off at night and in the morning when we go to turn it on for the day it doesn't start right up and that is when I have to shut the main switch off and then try it again. Sometimes I have to do that procedure 2 or 3 times. I was just wondering why it would act like that seeing it never ocuured when we first got our computer. Maybe I am not explaining it very well and I'll try to be clearer.

Brenda Sande

#6 Jacob Anthony

Jacob Anthony

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

Hello
I am using Windows XP. We turn our computer off at night and in the morning when we go to turn it on for the day it doesn't start right up and that is when I have to shut the main switch off and then try it again. Sometimes I have to do that procedure 2 or 3 times. I was just wondering why it would act like that seeing it never ocuured when we first got our computer. Maybe I am not explaining it very well and I'll try to be clearer.

Brenda Sande

Ok, are you getting any lights flashing when you start your pc up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users