Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi everyone and all the sifus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 harissa_08

harissa_08

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hi there,

I really need help on my Dell Inspiron Mini. I've got a problem of Error Code 0f00:1344,
msg DISK : 44202808 Can't read, replace disk.

It started when i reboot my computer few times today because it hang during configuring windows update.

Edited by Budapest, 29 September 2010 - 11:52 PM.
Moved from Introductions ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:07 PM

What operating system do you have?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 harissa_08

harissa_08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

The OS is Windows 7. Ive tried everything on the net, but its still the same. I need to copy my working file before reinstalling the windows. But i can't skip the startup repair. Im desperate..

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:12 AM

Doing a hard reboot during a Windows Update is asking for trouble, but it is very possible you can simply restore your computer to a point before the last Windows Update. Windows is smart enough to automatically create a System Restore Checkpoint before installing updates.

Follow the instructions here > Method One, steps 1 through 5 > scroll down to Method Two, step 6 > System Restore

Note: parts of that tutorial are actually links to other tutorials to help keep the clutter down. If you get confused and can't follow any of it, just say so, and I'll give you the instructions myself.

Once inside System Restore, you will want to restore to the last checkpoint that was created. It should be named something descriptive like "Before Windows Update". Follow the prompts, it will ask you to reboot at some point.

If that doesn't fix it, tell me exactly what you did, what you see on the screen, and I will do my best to assist. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users