Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Database - Help with joining two tables with same fields in Crystal Reports

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zann

zann

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:59 AM

I'm using Crystal Reports XI.

I have two tables with the same fields: current invoices and past invoices. I want to join the two so that I will be able to create a list of all current and past orders per customer and write formulas to total up various info like count each customer's orders and sum freight costs.

I have tried creating a right outer join based on the customer number field, and the link is enforced on both tables. This results in many duplicate records from each table. Select Distinct Records is checked.

I would love any suggestions about how to remedy this as well as how to write formulas based on the union of the two tables. I'm pretty new to Crystal but have not run into issues until trying to combine tables with the same fields, so I assume there is a way to set it up appropriately that I'm unaware of. Thanks much.

EDIT: I found where to put an SQL statement to join the tables in a union instead, so I think I have solved this.

Edited by zann, 29 September 2010 - 12:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users