Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS XP PRO NOT INSTALLING NET FRAMEWORK 1.1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DSNOBS

DSNOBS

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:54 AM

Im running XP PRO and I cannot install this NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE (KB979906). After Windows update fails to install it cancels out and seconds later its asking to install it again. I have no infections and I ran an xp repair. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated for I do not want to reformat this computer. Thanks in advance...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

I would uninstall NET Framework 1.1...and leave it uninstalled.

Unless some application specifically requests it...there's no reason to have it installed, IMO.

Louis

#3 DSNOBS

DSNOBS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

I also can't install adobe flash player 10 and I thought I was missing this update for it to work. Are there any solutions out there? I want to have it installed and working properly.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:05 PM

Are you referring to last week's update of Flash or what?

#5 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

You can use .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to remove all installations of .NET Framework. Then reinstall. This should fix your failed update problem.

For your Flash Player issue, follow the instructions in THIS Adobe Tech Note to uninstall and reinstall your Flash Player using the Flash Player Uninstaller.

Edited by Gabrial, 29 September 2010 - 02:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users