Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirect virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gunbladem

gunbladem

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:28 AM

Until yesterday, everything was fine. But then when I went on to google, searches never seemed to finish, and if it did, then I would be redirected to some random site like Scour. So I knew I was infected with something, and so I started scanning with malwarebytes, which detected 8 infections from the full scan. So it removed them and prompted me to restart. I did, but when the computer rebooted, windows 7's white flag popped up and told me I had a virus, called trojan.opachki, so I clicked "clean system" which reported it was successful. Then I went onto google to search again, but the problem persisted. So I tried yahoo searches, and they work fine. I scanned with malwarebytes again, which detected some more infected files, which cleaned them again, told me to reboot again, which I did. After the reboot, the same thing happened: the white flag pops up and tells me about trojan.opachki and google searches stalls and redirects. By now, I'm fairly certain malwarebytes isn't going to do anything. I didn't even bother to scan with avast because if the real time protection didn't catch anything, I guess the scan isn't going to either. At this point, I'm at a loss of what to do. So now I need help... and I'm not sure how to end this post, so thanks very much if anyone can help!

By the way, I'm on windows 7 64 bit and I'm using firefox (chrome exhibits the same redirecting problem).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eraser23

Eraser23

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:38 AM

Wow, I have to say the amount of Google redirect malware on these forums over the past few days is a bit mad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users