Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

JVM found at {0} is damaged

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tooty

tooty

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:00 AM

I just installed a fresh version of Windows 7, 32 bit on a Dell Inspiron 1520, duo core 2GHz, 2 gigs of ram. I'm having problem opening a program that had previously worked on my last XP os on this computer AND on another desktop computer that has windows 7. I keep getting this error no matter which version of Java I install.

Posted Image

Another odd thing I've noticed is that when I run javatest.org, it doesn't detect the java version on my system, even tho I've made sure to reinstall Java several times. Even the 'verify java version' function in Java.com is unable to detect what I have. I'm running firefox. What can I do?

Thanks!

Edited by tooty, 29 September 2010 - 04:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:06 AM

Try using JavaRa

JavaRa Download

JavaRa

JavaRa is a simple tool that does a simple job: it removes old and redundant versions of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). Simply select “Check for Updates” or “Remove Older Version” to begin. JavaRa is free under the GNU GPL version two.

Java software in general and the Java JRE in particular allow you to run applications called ‘applets’ that are written in the Java programming language. You probably have Java JRE installed on your computer because these applets allow you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, view images in 3D, as well as many others.

Java and Java Runtime Environment (JRE) are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.

Edited by cryptodan, 29 September 2010 - 08:07 AM.

#3 tooty

tooty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

thanks a lot for your help cryptodan

unfortunately, I ran JavaRa and installed newest versions of JDK and JRE but the problem is still there. Is it a problem with how my JVM is working? Neither javatester.org or JVM tester in java.com can run an applet in firefox properly.

Is there a place for me to download JVM from? the java/oracle website is for developers and super confusing.

#4 tooty

tooty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:31 PM

The problem is fixed with my program. It was a simple matter of running as system administrator.

I just hope that the fact that javatester.org and java.com can't play any applets in my browser won't give me any grief in the future

Thanks for your help cryptodan!

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

Yes it will be a concern to you applets should run, and they should prompt you if they should run or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users