Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop elements Trojan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeflet

jeflet

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

I just tried to install Photoshop elements 3 form an original CD on my new build. On instructing the install to begin I get the message from AVG Resident Shield Alert:

Threat Detected
e:\Adobe Photoshop Elements\Setup.exe
Trojan horse Cryptic BAD
Detected on open

Prcess name: E\Setup.exe
Process ID: 5296

Is this real? Clicking 'Ignore' doesn't let me prceed (nothing happens). I scanned the CD with Malwarebytes and nothing came up.

Has anyone seen this before?

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sueeparkes

sueeparkes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:17 AM

I have also found the exact same problem. Hope someone can help.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

Lets' upload this file for a second opinion on what it actually is..
e:\Adobe Photoshop Elements\Setup.exe

Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:
How to see hidden files in Windows

Please click this link-->Jotti

When the jotti page has finished loading, click the Browse button and navigate to the following file and click Submit.
<filepath>suspect.file

Please post back the results of the scan in your next post.

If Jotti is busy, try the same at Virustotal: http://www.virustotal.com/

NOTE:
For submission to a specific anti-virus vendor see Submitting Virus Samples: How to Submit a Virus.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users