Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello bleeping computer world

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 The Pugilist

The Pugilist

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

Hello BC community,

my name is dave, i work at a local PC repair shop in my home area. I joined BC after reading some tutorials and realizing the immense amount of information and helpful individuals here. In my job, often times i deal with all styles of malware infections and we have a very standardized method of removing them. My goal here is to learn as much as i can with regards to viruses and malware to better help combat it and in turn share my understanding with others (maybe someday even get into a BC classroom :thumbsup: ). in any case, its good to be here and see you on IRC

//Dave
//Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for joining and welcome to BC!
As sophisticated as malware is becoming, sometimes the standard methods don't work very well, or don't remove everything. The knowledge that you can find here can go a long way in taking care of some of these exceptions.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 The Pugilist

The Pugilist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

Thanks jgweed. Yeah, i have seen our 'process' fail on many occasions, resulting in the need to completely wipe a system. We always back up hard drives before this type of procedure so data loss is not a problem, but its become quite obvious to me that the problem does not have a 'one-size-fits-all' solution.
//Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users