Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Question On New Mobo And Processor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shroomer

Shroomer

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:17 PM

Well i have a dell, which doesn't support overclocking, which im unhappy about. I would like to know if i get a new motherboard (and ill b getting processor) would i be able to overclock?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:00 PM

Well i have a dell, which doesn't support overclocking, which im unhappy about. I would like to know if i get a new motherboard (and ill b getting processor) would i be able to overclock?

Dells are mostly propriatry parts and getting a new mobo wont really help because all the pins and wires (for power, I/O, HDD led etc.) will not fit any other mobo except Dells. If you have a good knowledge of computers then you can adapt things to work, if you not so good then you are stuck with what you got because Dell don't want you to upgrade or overclock (more work for there support lines).

You may want to have a look at this http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41097

Hope this helps,
Chief.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:25 PM

Try http://www.PowerLeap.com . You can upgrade a P-II or P-III PC-100 motherboard to a 1.4ghz Celeron for $100+-. I have done this to several Dell GX1 P-III 450mhz and 500mhz. That with 512MB of low density Ram and you have a perky little computer.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users