Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access any of my data on hard drives after infection.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 amankhisti

amankhisti

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:57 AM

this is how it all happened:

My hardware:

Hdd internal : Seagate 500 gb
Hdd external : western digital 250 gb

Problem:
i was using Windows 7 as an operating system and due to some voltage issues my SMPS broke down and when i got a new one my Windows 7 refused to boot, i then tried to reinstall windows 7 all over again but the procedure stopped continuously after i used to select the partition of installation, it used to say : "C:/ drive cannot be formatted" because of some error. i tried installing XP and the same happened.

Then i used my spare Seagate 80gb internal Hdd to start my computer and installed XP on it. I Used the 80 gb Hdd as a Master and the previous 500gb as a Slave. it got detected and worked fine. Don't know why, it got impossible to install any OS on it earlier. My 250gb external was also attached at this time.

Now the main problem occurred.
As soon as i used my internet connection some how it got infected and corrupted all my 800gb data, changed my folders into (*.exe) extensions and as of now, i cannot even see anything after opening any drive even with the "show hidden files". When i scan it with Kaspersky, it does show all the content being scanned now. but i cannot see anything.
this is what i can only see when i go into my external Hdd and the system info folder is now of 4gb, and the hdd is 95% full.
Posted Image

the data is very precious to me. Please help me to get it back.

Please let me Know if any more information is needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

Hello and welcome. We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users