Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

6asaxlfl virus Please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Simplyplain

Simplyplain

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:23 AM

Hello,
My computer has been running quite slow and the performance level for PF Usage has been running above 400 mb even if there are no programs running. I'm not quite sure what 6asaxlfl.exe or what it does but when i looked it up it said that it was a malware virus of some sort. The procedure I've already taken is by running combofix which said it already deleted the file, however when i look under the c drive it still shows that 6asaxlfl is on there along with a recycle folder that contains S-1-5-21-839522115-573735546-725345543-500, that cant be deleted and a folder called System Volume Information that I cant open.

Other files that look suspicious are:

Located on the C: IO
NTDETECT
ntldr
pagefile
IPH.PH
AUTOEXEC
cmdcons (folder)

In the D: same Recycler folder that contains S-1-5-21-839522115-573735546-725345543-500
same system volume information folder that i can not access.

Edited by hamluis, 28 September 2010 - 04:42 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Simplyplain

Simplyplain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:29 AM

I can't seem to access some folders such as my cookies and some folders are hidden when they are not suppose to be. I can't delete the cookies. Can someone please help me or let me know what 6asaxlfl is? Thanks....

#3 Simplyplain

Simplyplain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

thanks for the help. i guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users