Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ghost infection preventing programs from accessing the internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 njspeedbeast

njspeedbeast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:23 AM

Hi, I recently had spyware on my computer. I've used Malware Bytes for awhile now so I ran a full scan of my computer overnight, and the next morning cleaned the infections. When I restarted my computer it got stuck in an infinite boot loop. I repaired windows and now my computer is fine, but my Firefox google search is hijacked to go to something like search.search-go.net.

Also, I am having trouble with programs connecting to the internet. My internet works fine, but is a little sluggish. For example, I use World of Warcraft and when I start the launcher, it won't connect to the news server, but the game runs fine. I also have a program called Curse that needs to connect to the internet but can't establish a connection. I have a few other programs that use updaters, but fail to connect to the internet.

I know its the spyware preventing these programs access. Help? :thumbsup:

-Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 njspeedbeast

njspeedbeast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:11 PM

Alrighty, so the virus finally revealed itself as Antivirus IS. The problem is, I can barely run any programs now. Malware Bytes won't run, even if i rename it. It just says its infected and asks if I want to run my antispyware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users