Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media 10 Player

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sweetwords

sweetwords

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 02:47 PM

I have Windows XP Pro and when I try to play a WMV file it starts to play and then just goes black and only sound is heard. I have ATI all in wonder 128 video card Not sure what could have happened I used to be able play these files so not sure where to start. I can play AVI files and MPG files with no problems only the WMV files do this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nobluescreen4me

Nobluescreen4me

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:53 PM

I have Windows XP Pro and when I try to play a WMV file it starts to play and then just goes black and only sound is heard. I have ATI all in wonder 128 video card Not sure what could have happened I used to be able play these files so not sure where to start. I can play AVI files and MPG files with no problems only the WMV files do this.

Do you have all the necessary updated audio & video Codecs? I had the same problem & went to Microsoft.com & found the codecs I needed.

http://search.microsoft.com/search/results...en-us&qu=Codecs

Edited by Nobluescreen4me, 13 November 2005 - 03:56 PM.

IBM Clone Intel Pentium 4 processor 3.08GHz, 2GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 7600 256mb video card AGP, ASUS MB

#3 sweetwords

sweetwords
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:30 PM

Do you have all the necessary updated audio & video Codecs? I had the same problem & went to Microsoft.com & found the codecs I needed.

Ok tried installing all codecs I could find. Even tried uninstalling media player 10 went back to version 9 and I still have the same problem I can view the file great for about 22 seconds then the screen goes blank and I just have sound. The file plays on another computer so I know it is not the file.

#4 Nobluescreen4me

Nobluescreen4me

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:39 PM

Ok tried installing all codecs I could find. Even tried uninstalling media player 10 went back to version 9 and I still have the same problem I can view the file great for about 22 seconds then the screen goes blank and I just have sound. The file plays on another computer so I know it is not the file.

OK, I am at a loss so I will take a guess. LOL. Are these movies from a P2P site (like Limewire) because for some of my movies to work I had to download DivX w/ the codecs & had no more problems. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
IBM Clone Intel Pentium 4 processor 3.08GHz, 2GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 7600 256mb video card AGP, ASUS MB

#5 sweetwords

sweetwords
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:07 PM

OK, I am at a loss so I will take a guess. LOL. Are these movies from a P2P site (like Limewire) because for some of my movies to work I had to download DivX w/ the codecs & had no more problems. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

No they are like joke I got from friends the thing is they used to work. Thanks for the help any way I might have to do a repair install with windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users