Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows File Protection Message

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 folsomgod

folsomgod

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 02:19 PM

Ok so i have a windows file protection message that states: Files that are required for windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability. Window must restore the original versions of these files. Insert your Windows XP home edition service pack 1 cd now.

I have inserted the disk. It loads and shows two files. Restore and Tools. If i click on restore it tells me some file is missing. If i click on tools then it opens with a whole bunch of files. Then it says something about inserting Microsoft XP professional frontpage. BUT I HAVE WINDOWS XP HOME!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH. ok ill try to stay calm but please someone help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 IsMe

IsMe

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:33 PM

Reload Windows over itself - might correct what is needed and will not affect any programs you have installed.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:21 PM

Ok so i have a windows file protection message that states: Files that are required for windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability. Window must restore the original versions of these files. Insert your Windows XP home edition service pack 1 cd now.

I have inserted the disk. It loads and shows two files. Restore and Tools. If i click on restore it tells me some file is missing. If i click on tools then it opens with a whole bunch of files. Then it says something about inserting Microsoft XP professional frontpage. BUT I HAVE WINDOWS XP HOME!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH. ok ill try to stay calm but please someone help me.

What I usually do is run System File Checker. The XP disk should be in the drive, but don't let it do anything. Then go to Start -> Run and type "command" into the box without the quotes. When the DOS-like command window opens, type

sfc /scannow

just like that, with a space between the c and the slash. It will then check your system files and automatically replace those that don't measure up.

#4 folsomgod

folsomgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:19 PM

Ok i did that and the message dissapeared. That fixes it and it wont come back right?

#5 folsomgod

folsomgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:46 PM

I rebooted. I need help. My computer takes 30-45 minutes to load all the way. Everytime it loads i get a windows install message and it shows a loading bar then it dissapears. Ahhhhhh. Its very annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users