Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My internet keeps downloading and uploading info. even when im not using it!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IamAdidi

IamAdidi

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

i have a bandwidth monitor, and have had it for probably two years now. its never shown anything like this before...
even when i am not using the internet, so long as i am connected to the internet it shows that i am downloading and uploading alot of info

heres a picture of what it looks like when i am not using the internet:

http://imgur.com/3WLqq.jpg

also i have rapport and it tells me that my passwords are being logged, internet is also quite slow

Edited by hamluis, 29 September 2010 - 10:38 AM.
Moved from Am I Hacked forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IamAdidi

IamAdidi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

heres a picture of rapport;
http://imgur.com/gfyEm.jpg

also recently the amount im downloading has increased quite a bit... even though im not using it.???!

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

So you know password keystroke protection does not mean that there are actual keyloggers, just that it encrypted information.

Here is the definnition of that report item:

The following password submissions were protected against keystroke logging. Rapport has prevented any access to keystrokes while you were submitting a password to these websites. This does not necessarily mean you have keyloggers on your PC. However, if any of the applications on your PC tried to log keystrokes while you were entering information to the websites below it failed. You do not need to take any action.

What kind of internet connection do you have? It could be Windows downloading updates for your computer as it will start that when it detects your connected to the net.

#4 IamAdidi

IamAdidi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:41 AM

What kind of internet connection do you have? It could be Windows downloading updates for your computer as it will start that when it detects your connected to the net.

i am at uni now, im using an ethernet cable... but a couple of months ago i was back home and using wireless, my windows is up to date and i have no updates to download.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

The problem is that so many applications download updates as well. Your best bet is to install wireshark and see what is being transmitted. Also a tcpview log would help us determine if anything is running that shouldn't be.

#6 IamAdidi

IamAdidi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

hey ive downloaded tcpview and the wireshark network analyzer and i have no idea how to use any of them. ill try and work out wireshark but i have no idea about tcpview. could you help me out on tcpview please. thanks, much appreciated!

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:05 PM

Info on tcpview can be found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic337801.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users