Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell 1558 video card problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mugs001

mugs001

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:43 AM

So I have a Dell 1558 laptop. It will run for 15 minutes or an hour, then suddenly the screen will turn either white, orange, or violet. I mean like one solid color. The computer does not respond to anything otherwise. I will need to restart. No other problems besides that. The laptop is about six months old. I treid searching but most people have a different problem, one where they have lines on the screen.

This happened in July and I realized I had recently updated the graphics card driver. So I rolled it back and that solved the problem. Then recently, because of a virus problem, I reinstalled everything (Windows 7) using the Dell disks. All was well until the problem started occuring again. I updated and rolled back the driver and tried a few different drivers (there are a few different choices depending on what you're looking at, i.e., what your device manager tells you, what the Dell website tells you, or what the Intel utility tells you). The graphics card is the Intel HD Graphics card.

So my only question is, am I on the right track? Is it the GC? Is it the GC driver or some other driver? I have updated the bios to the latest version, A10.

Thanks!

Edited by mugs001, 27 September 2010 - 06:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:54 AM

The laptop is about six months old.

It's time to take advantage of the warranty.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users