Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need to remove program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BigPaul26

BigPaul26

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:24 AM

some how i got vlc media player on my computer and i am not sure if it is a bad program but i want it off and i can not remove it i could use some help please thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

VLC Media Player is a free and open source media player available for download from reputable sites like download.cnet.com.

The correct way to remove any program is to use Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel or Programs and Features in Vista/Windows 7 first, then restart the computer and delete the Program folder if it still exists. Note: With some programs its best to uninstall while in "safe mode".

If there is no entry in Add/Remove, then you should launch (double-click on) the original setup.exe file used for installation. Some vendors use the setup file to offer options to repair, modify or uninstall as a separate choice from installation. Restart the Computer when done and delete the Program folder if it still exists.

If that is not the case, there may be an uninstall icon (shortcut) which was created during the installation process available via Start > All Programs > Program folder which you can choose. If not, the next step would be to manually navigate to and look in the program's folder for an uninstall.exe and use that if it exists by double-clicking on the file. Also check for a readme.txt file which may contain removal instructions.

If the uninstaller fails or does not exist, then try reinstalling/uninstalling the software. Another option is to search the vendor's web site for instructions, a removal tool or contact their Technical Support team.

Step by step Guide: How to uninstall VLC media player 1.0.0

How to guide: Uninstall VLC Media Player 1.0.5

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users