Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:18 PM
I have been having some problems within the last week. I have an HP Pavilion dv6700 laptop that I bought new roughly 2.5 years ago. It runs windows vista. I haven't had any problems with it up until recently.
Last week my computer wouldn't start up. The POST came up just fine, it is able to complete the windows loading screen (with the short loading bar), but after that, the screen goes blank except for the cursor in the middle, and it restarts.
When I select any of the Safe Modes, it loads all the files for safe mode, but when I get to the screen after the cursor, it goes blank for a few seconds and then a blue screen briefly comes up (1-2 seconds), then restarts again. There have been two blue screens that have come up: 1. Page_Fault_In_Nonpage_Area 2. Bad_Pool_Header.
This is what I have tried/done so far:
1. I was able to go into system restore from the BIOS and "Back-up" my files, but there wasn't a restore point so I couldn't try that.
2. Both the Hard Drive and Memory Test came back as a pass.
3. I tried reseating the RAMM, including trying both of them at different times/slots.
4. I also tried taking out the battery, unplugging, holding power for 30 sec, plugging back in.
5. I also tried setting the default Bios.
6. I ran memtest86+ and Seagate Diagnostics and everything came back as a "Pass"
I'd like to avoid doing a factory restore if possible, as I have some programs that I don't want to purchase new licenses for.
Does anyone have any other suggestions of what I could try/do? Thanks in advance for all your help!