Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.NET boring

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sharonsthere

Sharonsthere

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

When I download/install automatic updates, anything that is .NET framework fails to install. Why so?
intelligence has far fewer practical applications than I thought.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gabrial

Gabrial

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

You probably have a corrupt .Net installation. Try to remove all .Net components and updates them from add/remove programs and redownload and install them.

If you are still unable to do updates, remove them again, then download and run .Net Framework Cleanup Tool to force removal and cleanup of all .net installations. Then reinstall again and things should work.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

To add to Gabrial's suggestion...I find that Mr. Stebner's tool (linked to by Gabrial) will remove all installations of MS.NET from the system and I believe the updates go when the parents go.

Then reinstall whatever NET application you really need (not all systems need any version of NET...I run one system without, one system with NET Framework 3.5, SP1).

Then go to Windows Update for the critical updates which relate.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users