Try this and see if it fix the problem.
(1) Go to the link below and scroll down to #12 (left column) , then click on "EXE (lnk and regfile) Fix for Windows XP" to download a reg file fix.
(2) Save the REG File to your desktop.
(3) Double click it or right click it and choose "merge" and answer yes to the import prompt.http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
(4) Run virus scan on the file you've just downloaded and make sure they are safe to use.
If you have problem running the file, try the following:
(1) Press CTRL-ALT-DEL and open Task Manager.
(2) Once there, click File, then hold down the CTRL key and click New Task (Run). This will open a Command Prompt window.
(3) Type REGEDIT.exe and press Enter. Once regedit is open click File>Import and locate that reg file fix, highlight it and click Open.
Note: If you can't access the Internet with the problem computer use another computer to download the reg file fix onto a CD, thumb drive, or floppy and transfer the file to the problem computer.
Once .reg file is merged into the registry successfully, reboot your computer.
Edited by Clifford Tan, 26 September 2010 - 08:14 PM.