Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPods and iTunes - Connecting to Another Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 God Mode

God Mode

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

My roommate and I both have iPods but have different taste in music and only one computer with iTunes (which happens to be my laptop).

Every time my roommate wants to add music to her iPod, she has to wait until our friend Heather (who lives in a different part of the country) is in town since Heather used her computer to add music to my roommates new iPod.
My roommate doesn't have the patience to wait for Heather to visit like once every couple years.

I've offered to let her use my laptop, but all her music will be erased and then all mine will be added to her iPod.

Since I have an iPod touch, I can add music from any computer because I'm able to cancel the sync.
Is there a way to cancel the sync on iPod Nano's so that my friend can just pick and choose songs to add, rather than having hers erase and mine added?
And if you can, why is it not apparent how to? (Like.. why does the music erase when connected to another itunes?)

Sorry if what I'm asking doesn't make much sense.

Edited by God Mode, 26 September 2010 - 03:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 captaintravis

captaintravis

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

yea...
1) open itunes
2) go to edit
3) go to preferences at the bottom of edit