Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot log into Hotmail account or MSN Messenger

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skizzo

skizzo

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

Hi everyone!

I haven't acessed my email in a few days, and today I was barred from logging in. I put in the email adress and that password, and it kept telling me that I had the wrong username/password, which I didn't. After several attempts, it had that security number for me to type down too, but to no success. I tried to reset my password, but the question they ask me is "Machine?" which I have no clue what they mean. And also for them to send the info about how to reset it, they send it to my blocked email, which serves no purpose. No luck logging in with Firefox either, same proble. I tried to access MSN Messenger but it said I logged in with the wrong username/password too.
Help, I don't know what to do :thumbsup: I have so much info in my email, including passwords for other websites and personal info. Please help me! I have Windows XP and IE7

Edited by skizzo, 26 September 2010 - 03:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:08 PM

Account Compromise - Unauthorized Account Access

Under None of the above options worked. What do I do now? click Windows Live Validation.

Read the info provided, follow all the steps.

The process allows you to enter an alternate email address so you can be contacted.

You will need to be patient and wait for a reply. It shouldn't take long to hear back.

#3 skizzo

skizzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hi, thanks for your help.

It's been 3 days since I've sent them my request but no reply yet. Is it normal to be this long?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users