Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory Stick Pro Duo and WMP not playing well together...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brandy is Confused

Brandy is Confused

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this, because I'm not sure if the problem is external (memory stick) or internal (WMP).

I have a 4 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo that I got a couple of years back with a PSP bundle (to kabosh any thoughts that it may be fake). Since someone is borrowing my PSP right now, I've been popping my Memory Stick into the Pro Magic Gate slot on my Sony Vaio laptop. Uusually, I can open WMP, go to F:/ (where my Memory Stick is), select a song, and click on the song/hit play, and I'll get the song I wanted without a problem

Last night, I tried it again, and it wouldn't work at all. I have to go in through Computer, click on F:/, click on Music, etc., etc., and play the music through that way.
This isn't a HUGE problem, but it is very, very annoying, especially since this laptop is still under a year old. My Memory Stick still works in my PSP, and WMP will play songs that are already in its library - it just won't let me select and play from F:/ from it anymore. I have to go in the back way that I decribed earlier.

Any ideas or suggestions in particular, other than copying all of my music from my memory stick onto my laptop?

I haven't been able to find any other help on this - the only things I've been finding are people having problems with fake sticks, or else having a laptop that won't support the card - my card is real, and I had no problems before yesterday.

Thanks in advance!
"Virus Alert!/Delete immediately before someone gets hurt/Forward this message to everybody..." - Weird Al.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Brandy is Confused

Brandy is Confused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

...and it looks like my version of WMP isn't downloadable, I was considering un-installing/re-installing it. Foo.

Was using the program the other day, and the progress bar wasn't moving. Closed out WMP, tried again, and it worked again.

:thumbsup:
"Virus Alert!/Delete immediately before someone gets hurt/Forward this message to everybody..." - Weird Al.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

What version of WMP do you have installed?

Once we know what version you have installed we can provide you with instructions to uninstall it. Then you will be able to install it again, assuming that this is a corrupted file this should work.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Brandy is Confused

Brandy is Confused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

What version of WMP do you have installed?

Once we know what version you have installed we can provide you with instructions to uninstall it. Then you will be able to install it again, assuming that this is a corrupted file this should work.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:16 AM

I stand corrected, you can disable WMP12 and enable it again. But you can't uninstall it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Brandy is Confused

Brandy is Confused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

I stand corrected, you can disable WMP12 and enable it again. But you can't uninstall it.

Yeah, that would figure. :/
I'm sure it's not the stick itself, I've had no issues with it. Just kind of an inconvinient puzzle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users